Friday, March 03, 2006

the banjo is back...has a new head, but still needs restrung. this is a priority, over all the rest...taxes, finding bookends, etc. there's a possibility of laying down a track with it this weekend.

meanwhile southern illinois has become very cold. a false spring, then, wham, those early flowers are sorry. but it's really winter's last gasp...chat is lively, wal-mart is about finished, linguistics flaps in the breeze, & the podcast is up (go to iTunes & type in CESL) but all is well at home - & carbondale seems like its usual contentious, unpredictable, & ever-changing self...a lot like iowa, only more so.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Z. Cox/A Secret Life of Banjo said...

Hmm-my banjo just got a new head on it today too. What kind is on yours?
This is a clear one from Deering and it looks really good. I had it put on in anticipation of shooting some instructional video through the back of the head for clawhammer banjo--but my husband and I were both surprised at how much it improved the appearance of the banjo too. The banjo head and postage only cost 14.00, but the head installation was 53.00. Think I am going to have to save up to change the next banjo. I have a couple that
I want to change to skin heads. :)
Best wishes in everything banjo,
Mary Z. Cox
www.maryzcox.com

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home