Monday, October 17, 2022

monday morning, and all is quiet in the back half of the downstairs. my chair faces the dining room, and the morning light starts up outside those dining room windows, with my wife's plants crawling up the walls. the dogs are up and kind of eyeing each other; two of them aren't getting along so well these days. a third is parked very deliberately on my lap, where he can soak up everything he can. the weather has gotten steadily colder, with the leaves going through their bright orange phase and into the brown phase, outside. I love that; it's my favorite season. i can practically sit here in my chair and watch the leaves change.

i got all excited about the guardians the night they walked off victorious, in cleveland, beating the yankees and going up two games to one. but the following night the yankees came back and beat them, in cleveland, tying the series. so now they have to go back to new york to win it all. no matter; i think they can do it. i hope to be there. they are a young team, probably badly outclassed in both age and experience. but still it's great to follow them and baseball these days has been full of upsets. the padres just eliminated the dodgers, by far the best team team in baseball, so anything can happen. i hold out my hopes.

in writing i am in a kind of writer's block. nothing is flowing. i do fanatic marketing, no problem. i do a lot of reading. i keep track of my numbers like an accountant who has nothing else to live for. but i'm beginning to lose my patience with the numbers. so you have the numbers - what good does it do, if you have all this stuff to write, and you don't write it? i'm dying to write, but can't seem to do it. with my life full of interruptions and distractions, i haven't found a way to sit in this chair on an extended write-session and crank it out. and then when my wife leaves, and i have an hour or two or pure silence, i can't seem to use that effectively either. i'm just not focused well on a single goal. instead, i have about five projects on the table with none of them clicking.

what to do about it? not sure. for starters, i'll sit here and drink my coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home