Wednesday, November 03, 2021

a little tired tonight because making eleven pamphlets caused a strain on my back. only eleven, and it took all afternoon. but they were fine quaker pamphlets, part of an order of twenty, and i'm getting the process better so it won't be as darn long and painful next time.

the quaker pamphlets are called beginner's guide to quakerism - look for an advert on these very pages very soon, as soon as I can take a picture of it. it's very cute, twenty pages, very small, written by four of us, maurine, margaret, fernando and me.

i never did update this blog, even a little, even though the new autobiography kind of glorifies it. that's because, at my core, i'm non-commercial. i can go out there and peddle my books, ok, but my heart says, you get what you see, here i am, there is not more, and i'm not really going to put lipstick on a pig, so to speak. well let's just say not fixing it up is part of its general theme of it being all me, no caps.

homeschooling my daughter is exhausting, though it's only a couple of hours a day; my wife covers the rest, and i'm doing well with what i've got, though i believe she is getting the full brunt of what happens when your parents turn into teachers. poor kid. the isolation of not being in school is beginning to get to her as well, i think, and so a depression might kick in. but she was pretty clear - she wasn't being treated well at school. she couldn't keep up. she couldn't handle the pressure they were putting her under, and at the same time do what she was supposed to be doing.

would love to be doing a lot more research on elizabeth mansfield, my great grandmother. she was a gilded age women's rights pioneer, and broke the 'taboo' against women owning businesses in toledo ohio. if the book is about her alone, i'll call it the elocutionist...

i'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home