Thursday, September 02, 2021

i just did a pretty outrageous thing: i just published my book, just passing through: autobiography and true stories from out there - it has this blog in its subtitle, and this blog, i might add, has been by my side now for almost thirty years. almost all the stories from the book started out on this blog, and are still here. i wrote the first versions of them as many as thirty years ago. the stories have been anchoring this blog along with various pictures of my family which are mostly hidden deep within it.

but here's what's outrageous: i pretty much failed to mention the blog in the book. it's part of my subconscious; it's part of me, but it's not one of these things that i think about when i'm recounting my life's accomplishments. it's just like background.

i've done it that way intentionally - i write here frequently; i have no standards of organization or anything else that i enforce upon myself here. it is just me rambling. why should i make a big deal out of it?

well, for starters, because it will probably outlive all of us. its age alone makes it one of the longer-running blogs out here in the blogosphere. those righteous date-stamps down in the templane, one a month for all those years, make the template nice and long and make it virtually impossible to find anything you are looking for unless you happen to know the exact date i might have been talking about it.

that's how i like my blogs: rich, full of interesting things, and impossible to disassemble through ordinary means.

here's the new book. so far it's on kindle only:

Just Passing Through: Autobiography and true stories from out there

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home