Monday, October 31, 2005

late halloween night, a drizzle is turning into a rain here, and i have many thoughts. first, though halloween is obviously celebrated worldwide even as an "american" holiday, by homesick efl teachers in every corner of the globe, its essence of young innocent children checking in with the neighbors and scoring sacks of candy is almost dead here at home. there are very few neighborhoods where people even know the children (mine is an exception)...people send their children to the mall and such places...there's tons of candy around, in every workplace, in every school, but no neighborhood street scene, no children walking door-to-door to fill up a sack, in most neighborhoods. what happened? it's a long story i guess.

november, however, is gratitude month, my favorite month, and the thing I'm most grateful for, at this moment, is just to see another november. the show-your-colors intensity turns gently into a softer essence...that's my color.

guitars between the rivers is due out in december, more good news; maybe i can hear my favorite, forrest hurd, may he rest in peace...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya tom, I was searching around for info on how to start a home based business. I found your blog.

I was reading your post and believe it or not it’s helped me. Every tip I get helps, even if its just new phrases I have never used before, its helps me be a better mentor. This is my business link - work from home in the uk - check it out and see what you think.

Anyways tom, you have a good site. I'll be back.

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this post... I've enjoyed reading your blog. I was searching for work from home pc sites. I have a home based business and I wanted some ideas and tips. I also have a blog, it is www.adminsupervisor.blogspot.com it’s new and it’s getting better all the time. Have a look if you want, but I'm moving house and have not posted in a while. I'll get back to it soon.

My other site is a work from home pc site. I recently decided to build my own income and I thought I searching for tips would help me become a better mentor.

Keep up the great work tom, I'll be back soon.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings tom, you have a pretty cool blog here. I was searching for home based business. I just started my home business and you can see it at this link - home based business. Your post title caught my eye - this post. I'm just looking for tips on how to be a better mentor. I know that’s not what you’re going on about in this post but I am trying to expand my vocabulary phrases so I can talk to many different personalities. I mean I have to talk to a lot of people and I need to be able to connect with everyone.

Anyways tom, this helped. Keep it up, I'll be back.

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this post... I've enjoyed reading your blog. I was searching for home internet work sites. I have a home based business and I wanted some ideas and tips. I also have a blog, it is www.adminsupervisor.blogspot.com it’s new and it’s getting better all the time. Have a look if you want, but I'm moving house and have not posted in a while. I'll get back to it soon.

My other site is a home internet work site. I recently decided to build my own income and I thought I searching for tips would help me become a better mentor.

Keep up the great work tom, I'll be back soon.

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home