Sunday, August 23, 2020

The Story of My Life



Autobiography of the Treasurer of Hillsdale College, 1862-1877

Paperback - On Amazon, $4.69 + postage
Kindle - Only $1.05

Lorenzo Reynolds was my great great grandfather. That's why, when I found this typed document among my genealogical papers, I felt some obligation to get it out to the public. But as a writer, I'm very impressed by his crisp style (while I have, myself, fallen into sloppy tortured sentences at times). He's clear, powerful, and strong, and he has a grudge against a certain character at Hillsdale College, in Michigan. He tells his story thoroughly and carefully.

He was the Treasurer right through the great fire, and through some very important times. His pioneering, and his family, are also of interest. Whereas he has gotten his story of the college out already, this is the first that I know where he has told his life story. It's worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home