Sunday, June 12, 2005

i wrote up the two things i've made, and they appear below. neither can be considered publications, though they are beginning to look that way and i'm beginning to consider self-publication more strongly with everything i write. I do, however, put an awful lot of it on the web...doesn't say much for the business of selling it, huh? oh well...at this point, my focus is to keep creating, keep finding out what's good and what's not; and, find my genre...i keep going back & forth between short story, play, and haiku, though i really want to write a novel...

i have to admit, two projects are, at the moment, dead in the water. One is the history project, where i was reading all i could about the Madison bombing. What happened was I found a book that did what i was hoping to do, and it took the wind out of my sails....now, I can't decide whether to go ahead and do that (write a gripping historical story)...write it in some other form, or what...

the other is the novel; i had started (as I have several novels) one taking place on the el...it was at first a story too but had lots of potential..it too is going nowhere. I just haven't had the mental space. Childcare is just too exhausting...

but i'm not dead yet...and, i have a way of reviving stuff when i get in the right frame of mind. i'm writing another play now; this one about conscientious objectors in WWII. The research is very interesting, and reminds me that there are lots of times in history that I'd really like to research more....besides my usual interests of colonial US, pre-colonial US, 1950's, 1960's (this is a little close to home, one could say), and a few others. i don't really know what to do with these interests, and that's part of the problem...and, it's a little hard mixing history and creativity, because then you start messing with history...and i wouldn't want to be involved in that!!!

More later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home